2007/04/11

B.O.B.* > Leuven > Guest Performers

Stephen Thompson
First met Stephen when I brought B.O.B* to Berlin’s Tanz Im August last year. He was performing with Benoit Lachambre in the same festival. Though he looks completely like a Caucasian to me, he is in fact a Eurasian with a Chinese mother originally from Hong Kong. The first time I talked to him I felt like I knew him. He reminded me of quite a few good friends that I have. Born and raised in Calgary, Stephen now split his time between Canada and Europe, working for different choreographers while developing his own creations. What is amazing to me about him is that he can always come up with a name for almost every color he sees. And when he moves, it is like he is walking on the fine line between dance and non-dance.

No comments: